Ryan Kaji Wiki
Ryan Kaji Biography
Ryan Kaji is a 9 year old YouTuber. The channel generally releases a new video every day. One of the channel’s videos, titled Huge Eggs Surprise Toys Challenge, has over 2 billion views as of November 2020, making it one of the top 60 most viewed videos on YouTube. As of November 2020, the channel has more than 27 million subscribers and its videos have garnered more than 43 billion views. The channel is one of the 100 most subscribed YouTube channels in the United States.
Ryan from Texas earned $ 29.5 million (£ 22 million) from his Ryan’s World YouTube channel, as well as an estimated $ 200 million from Ryan’s World-branded toys and clothing, including Marks & Spencer pajamas. He also signed an undisclosed, but likely multi-million dollar deal for his own television series on Nickelodeon.
The Verge has described the channel as “a combination of personal vlogs and ‘unboxing’ videos, a mix of innocent childish antics and relentless, often overwhelming consumerism.” According to Forbes, Kaji made $ 11 million between 2016 and 2017 and was the eighth highest paid YouTuber; And in 2018 and 2019, he was listed as the highest paid YouTuber, earning $ 22 million and $ 26 million respectively for his videos and product line.
The channel is also offered in other languages such as Spanish and Japanese under the titles “Ryan’s World Español” and “ラ イ ア ン ズ ・ ワ ー ル ド”.
Kaji started making YouTube videos in March 2015 after watching other toy review channels and asking his mother, “Why am I not on YouTube when all the other kids are?” Kaji’s mother decided to quit her job as a high school chemistry teacher to work on the YouTube channel full time.
Before posting to YouTube, the family replaced her real last name (Guan) with the on-screen last name Kaji.
In 2017, Kaji’s parents signed an agreement with PocketWatch, a children’s media startup founded in 2016 by Chris Williams and Albie Hecht. PocketWatch does the marketing and products for Ryan’s YouTube channels. In 2018, Ryan ToysReview, in cooperation with PocketWatch and WildWorks, created an app called Tag with Ryan, an endless runner game for kids, for iOS and Android. In 2019, Ryan ToysReview and PocketWatch produced a 20-episode television series for preschoolers titled Ryan’s Mystery Playdate. On November 1, 2019, Outright Games released a video game titled Race with Ryan, a racing game featuring Kaji and Ryan’s World branded characters, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Microsoft Windows.
The channel announced that it will premiere a hybrid live-action and animated series titled Super Spy Ryan on November 27, 2020 on Amazon Kids +. On December 4, 2020, it was announced that Ryan’s World would release an official game on the Roblox gaming platform.
Kaji has influenced the toy industry; Your toy reviews, especially those that get millions of views, will sometimes affect toy sales. PocketWatch’s Chris Williams compared Kaji to Nickelodeon’s SpongeBob SquarePants.
At Toy Fair 2018 in New York City, Kaji announced a line of toys, branded Ryan’s World, in cooperation with PocketWatch and Bonkers Toys. The toys were first released exclusively at Walmart on August 6, 2018.
Ryan’s World channel has been listed in 2018 and 2019 as the highest earning YouTube channel by Forbes.
The channel description mentions that most of the toys reviewed are subsequently donated to charities. Her mother told Tubefilter that “Ryan doesn’t keep all the toys she gets – we give away a lot of them to friends and family, and also a lot of them to charity.
On August 28, 2019, Truth in Advertising and the Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint that their sponsored videos were not being properly disclosed. Truth in Advertising has stated that “Almost 90 percent of Ryan ToysReview videos have included at least one paid product recommendation targeting preschoolers, a group too young to distinguish between a commercial and a review.” These ads often show unhealthy foods.
Ryan Kaji Age
Ryan Kaji is 9 years old in 2020.
His mother’s name is (Loann Kaji), his father (Shion Kaji) and they have twin sisters (Emma and Kate).
Also read: Who is Margot Budd? Wiki, bio, age, Doug Anthony’s wife, kids, Instagram, net worth
Her net worth will be nearly $ 30 million.
Ryan Kaji Quicks And Facts
- Loan Guan, 35, and Shion Guan, 31, of Cypress, Texas, are the parents of Ryan Haruto Guan, better known as Ryan Kaji, YouTube’s highest-earning star
- The family lives in a $1 million home and Shion drives an $80,000 Porsche Macan GT3 SUV to commute to the family studio in the Houston suburbs
- On June 28, 2002, Loan – then known as Kieu-Loan Thi Nguyen – was arrested for stealing clothing at JC Penney department store in Almeda Mall, Houston
- The University of Houston student appeared at Harris County Criminal Court in Houston, ordered to do 40 hours community service as part of a probation order
- Loan was sentenced to 60 days in prison on June 6, 2003 for breaching the probation order. She served 30 days at Harris County Jail in Houston
- In 2009 she joined Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas and fell in love with Shion, a civil engineering student from Japan
- In 2011 the couple had son Ryan. Loan became a high school chemistry teacher and Shion became a structural engineer. The pair married in August 2013
- Loan is credited with starting YouTube channel ‘Ryan ToysReview’ in March 2015. Soon it was earning the family $1 million a month
- Consumer watchdog Truth in Advertising complained to the Federal Trade Commission ‘Ryan ToysReview’ does not adequately disclose sponsored content