Rama Prasad Wiki
Rama Prasad Biography
Who is Rama Prasad ?
An unlicensed healer disguised as a doctor who prescribed a cocktail of toxins as a “traditional Indian treatment” to cure autism has been permanently banned from medicine.
Rama Prasad, prescribed pills to a three-year-old boy that contained high levels of lead, mercury and arsenic, on the pretext that he could reverse autism.
The level of toxins found in the drug cocktail was deemed unacceptable by Australian standards.
The Health Care Complaints Commission also said there was no evidence that the treatment actually worked.
It also found that, as an “unregistered physician,” Mr. Prasad falsely represented himself as a licensed physician, Nine News reported.
Mr. Prasad also provided care without the proper qualifications and prescribed Ayurvedic medicine without revealing his financial interests in the treatment.
Rama Prasad has been permanently banned from practicing after prescribing pills containing high levels of lead, mercury, and arsenic, under the guise of reversing autism.
Ayurveda is a pseudoscientific treatment that originated in India and involves an ‘internal purification process’, herbal remedies, yoga, and meditation.
Autism Awareness Australia Executive Director Nicole Rogerson warned parents to beware of unlicensed charlatans who prey on vulnerable families.
“Unfortunately this is not uncommon, there are a lot of these types of healers who really take advantage of families, particularly young children who have just been diagnosed with autism,” she said.
The Commission found that Mr. Prasad posed a risk to the “health and safety of members of the public”.
Mr. Prasad is now permanently prohibited from providing paid or voluntary health services to members of the public.
Rama Prasad Quick and Facts
- Health practitioner Rama Prasad permanently banned from practising
- The unlicensed ‘doctor’ claimed he could cure autism with traditional medicine
- Mr Prasad prescribed a medication containing high levels of toxins to a child
- The pills were found to contain elevated levels of lead, mercury, and arsenic