Pati Rock Wiki
Pati Rock Biography
Who is Mick Rock’s wife, Pati?
ICONIC rock photographer Mick Rock has passed away at the age of 72.
Mick sadly leaves his wife and daughter behind.
Unlike the famous people he photographed, he was actually notoriously reserved when it came to his own life.
We know that her wife was named Pati, but it is unknown when they got married or what she does.
We also know that he only had a daughter named Nathalie, who is believed to be a photographer like his famous father.
What has his family said about her death?
Mick’s family issued a heartfelt statement, paying tribute to the beloved photographer.
He said, “It is with heavier hearts that we share that our beloved psychedelic renegade Mick Rock has made Jung’s journey to the other side.
“Those who had the pleasure of existing in its orbit know that Mick was always much more than ‘The Man Who Shot 70’.
“He was a photographic poet, a true force of nature who spent his days doing exactly what he loved, always in his deliciously outrageous way.
“The stars seemed to align effortlessly for Mick when he was behind the camera; feeding on the unique charisma of his subjects electrified and energized him. His intention was always intense.”
His family added: “Let’s not mourn the loss, but let’s celebrate the fabulous life and extraordinary career of Michael David Rock.
“While he does it his way, we must ask that the privacy of his closest and dearest be respected at this time. Therefore, there will be no further comment.”
When did Mick Rock die?
Mick passed away on November 18, 2021, although the cause of his death has not been revealed.
Between 1972 and 1979, portraits of him appeared on famous album covers.
He worked with iconic musicians such as Queen, Blondie, Iggy Pop, and Syd Barrett.
He worked as Bowie’s official photographer, with some of the most memorable of him featuring the singer as Ziggy Stardust.
Additionally, his artwork will live on through the iconic Queen II album cover, as well as Iggy Pop’s Raw Power and Lou Reed’s Transformer.
Quick and Facts
- Londoner, dubbed ‘the man who shot the 70s’, took the most famous pictures of Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust era
- He became Bowie’s photographer and confidante and was also great friends with Lou Reed and Syd Barrett
- Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr said he was a ‘photographic poet’ and compared a shoot to ‘taking crack’
- For 50 years he photographed biggest stars in music from the Rolling Stones to Queen and Daft Punk
- Fought addiction to cocaine for 20 years until the 1990s – he would swap the drugs for yoga and acupuncture