Noah Green Wiki
Noah Green Biography
Noah Green, 25, who may have been living in Virginia, described himself as a “Farrakhan follower” on his Facebook page, referring to the leader of the Nation of Islam, Louis Farrakhan.
Green allegedly crashed into a fence outside the US Capitol shortly after 1 p.m. On Friday and he hit two officers before crashing into a barricade.
Green allegedly got out of the car with a knife and pounced on an officer before he was fatally shot, reports say.
One of the officers, whose name has not been released, died at the hospital. The other officer is being treated at a local hospital.
How old is Noah Green?
He is 25 year old.
Cause of Death and Detail
The Capitol police officer killed by a driver with a knife on Friday was identified as veteran cop Billy Evans.
Evans had worked for the Capitol Police for 18 years.
On Friday, he died and one of his fellow officers was seriously injured when a suspect, named by NBC as Noah Green, struck them in his blue Nissan Altima.
Later, Green was shot and killed by other policemen.
He was not known to police in Washington DC, but had a record in Virginia, according to law enforcement sources.
It is not clear what prompted him to carry out Friday’s attack.
NBC reports that he was a follower of the Nation of Islam.
In a statement Friday afternoon, Acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman said: “ It is with deep sadness that I share the news of the passing of Officer William ‘Billy’ Evans this afternoon from the injuries he sustained after an attack on the Northern Barricade by a lone assailant.
The extent of the second officer’s injuries was unclear.
“I only ask that the public continue to keep the United States Capitol Police and their families in their prayers. This has been an extremely difficult time for the United States Capitol Police after the events of January 6, and now the events that have occurred here today, ”Pittman said.
Robert Contee, acting chief of the DC Metropolitan Police Department, said his department would take over the investigation. “It doesn’t appear to be related to terrorism,” Contee said.
Contee and Pittman said the suspect was not someone their departments previously knew about.
Noah Green Quicks and Facts
- The suspect has been named by NBC as 25-year-old Noah Green from Virginia
- One cop was killed and another is critically injured after being mowed down by a knife-wielding driver
- After coming to a stop, the suspect emerged from his car with a knife and started lunging at other cops
- Those other police officers shot him; he was taken to the hospital but has been pronounced dead
- The incident comes a week after a security perimeter was removed that had been there since the Jan 6 riot
- No information has been released about either the suspect or the cops but the suspect was not known to police