Nancy Shedleski Wiki
Nancy Shedleski Biography
Who is Nancy Shedleski ?
A 69-year-old Pennsylvania woman allegedly dismembered her dead husband’s body, threw it in the trash piece by piece, eloped to Las Vegas and began cashing social security checks in his name, according to a federal complaint.wikipedia
Nancy Shedleski collected approximately $ 121,040 in social security benefits from her husbands after she failed to report her death, according to a federal complaint.
In December 2019, an anonymous whistleblower told Social Security officials that her husband of more than 70 years, known as ‘J.P.S.’ in court documents, he was missing and that his late wife was collecting benefits from her.
Had Shedleski reported the death of her husband, she would have received $ 14,000 in survivor benefits that year; instead, she received $ 24,000 in social security checks made out to him.
Initially, Shedleski told federal officials that her husband was away. She later, according to a federal complaint, admitted to dismembering her body and discarding her remains after she died in her Pennsylvania home.
“Shedleski confirmed that there was no ambulance, hospitalization, funeral, burial or cremation,” the complaint says.wikipedia
The complaint did not specify the cause of her husband’s death or say where the couple lived in Pennsylvania before Nancy Shedleski moved to Las Vegs in 2017.
The complaint says her husband last received medical care in 2015 at Jefferson Regional Medical Center in Jefferson Hills, which is near Pittsburgh.
Shedleski was arrested last Thursday and appeared in court in Las Vegas on Friday. She was not asked to plead guilty and she was released on her own admission pending a court hearing on November 5.
Her court-appointed attorney for her, Wendi Overmyer, did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment on behalf of her client.
Nancy Shedleski Quick and Facts
- Nancy Shedleski, 69, collected $121,040 of her dead husband’s social security benefits after he died at their Pennsylvania home in 2015
- She failed to report that her husband, who was in his 70’s at the time of his death, had died – instead, she allegedly dismembered his body and threw it in the trash
- A tipster notified Social Security of the fraud after Shedleski – who had since moved to Las Vegas – collected her husband’s retirement checks for six years
- Initially, Shedleski told investigators that her husband was traveling before admitting to disposing of his body according to court documents
- ‘Shedleski confirmed there was no ambulance, no hospitalization, no funeral, no burial and no cremation,’ the complaint said