Lisa Steadman Wiki
Lisa Steadman Biography
Who is Lisa Steadman ?
A Florida woman who battled COVID in a hospital returned home to find her husband dead from the virus in his room.
Lisa Steadman, 58, is mourning the loss of her husband, Ron Steadman, 55, whom she found dead after battling COVID at Winter Haven Hospital for more than a week.
“It was like walking into a horror movie, and I wish I had never seen it like that because I can’t get that image out of my head,” Lisa Steadman told FOX 13 through tears.
How old is Lisa Steadman ?
She is 58 year old.
Ron Steadman tested positive for COVID-19 at a walk in clinic before Lisa also tested positive for COVID
Steadman said the nightmare began when her husband tested positive for COVID-19 at a walk-in clinic before she got her own positive COVID results.
Steadman said her husband was in good condition and everything seemed fine despite the positive test.
They sent him home with medicine and stuff because he wasn’t in distress or anything. It was like he had a bad cold, ” she said.
But then Lisa also contracted COVID-19 and had to be rushed to the emergency room after fainting.
Florida School Mask Mandates Lawsuit Now Before Judge
Texas Republican Party advances on ballot bill with Democrats back
She said that at the hospital she began to feel the most severe symptoms of COVID.
‘I thought she was going to die. She couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t stop throwing up, ” she told FOX 13.
She remembered how weak she felt at one point. ‘It’s like you don’t have bones in your body. You cannot move. You’re that weak. ‘
Neither of the Steadmans was vaccinated because they were waiting to feel comfortable enough to take the vaccine
In all, Steadman spent eight days in the hospital and stayed in contact by phone with her husband, who was home recovering.
But a few days after her stay, Ron told Lisa that her phone could not be charged and, after being unable to contact him, she asked Winter Haven police to verify her husband. she.
When officers conducted a wellness check, everything seemed fine with Ron, but when Lisa was released from the hospital two days later, on August 18, she made the grim discovery.
In addition to finding Ron dead, the couple’s dogs were on the brink of death from lack of food and water, WFLA.com reported.
Ron’s doctor told Lisa that her husband had died from complications related to COVID. None of the Steadmans were vaccinated.
She said they were waiting to be comfortable enough to take it, but now she will get the vaccine as soon as she can.
“We both felt it hadn’t been tested enough yet,” Steadman told WFLA. “Now after being in the hospital and talking to my doctor, when I can take it, I will do it in September.”
In addition to losing her husband, Lisa had to pay a cleaning crew $ 800 to clean the room where her husband’s body was discovered and to replace the furniture in the room.
They were there all 15 minutes. They cut off the part of the mattress that had debris on it, ”Steadman said.
She is raising money to help pay for the unexpected cost through a Facebook fundraiser that has raised more than $ 3,000.
In an update Wednesday, Steadman said that she was readmitted to the ER and that she is still struggling with COVID-19 symptoms.
Lord help me get through this! she last posted.
Lisa Steadman Quicks and Facts
- Lisa Steadman, 58, is mourning the loss of her husband, Ron Steadman, 55, who she found dead in their bedroom after struggling with COVID at a local hospital
- Steadman said the nightmare began when her husband tested positive for COVID-19 at a walk-in clinic before she got her own positive COVID results
- Steadman said her husband was in good condition and all seemed well despite the positive test and was sent home with medicine
- Afterwards, Lisa also came down with COVID-19 and had to be rushed to the emergency room after passing out
- A few days into her stay Ron told Lisa his phone couldn’t charge and after failing to get in contact with him she asked Winter Haven police to check on him
- When officers performed a wellness check Ron appeared fine, but when Lisa was released from the hospital two days later she found his dead body in their bed
- Neither were vaccinated because were waiting to feel comfortable enough to take the vaccine but now Lisa says she will take the vaccine as soon as she can