Gurjeet Singh Wiki Bio
A man who stabbed three men to death while attacking him has become the first person in the UK not to face charges for a triple murder in self-defense.
Gurjeet Singh, 30, was cornered by a group armed with knives and a hammer while walking home from his local Gurdwara, a Sikh temple, in Ilford, London.
Singh himself drew a knife during the fierce confrontation that lasted around 13 seconds, killing Baljit Singh, 34, Narinder Singh, 26, and Harinder Kumar, 22.
Harinder Kumar (far left), Narinder Singh were killed in the attack.
Baljit Singh was found slumped near Seven Kings Station in Ilford
Harinder Kumar (far left), Narinder Singh (center left) and Baljit Singh (right) were stabbed to death and found slumped near Seven Kings station in Ilford in January
Since then, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed that Singh has not been charged with either murder or manslaughter.
A fourth attacker, who survived, was convicted of conspiracy and a fifth man, believed to be the designated driver, was also jailed.
CCTV footage of the attack showed Mr. Singh “turning whole Bruce Lee” as he defended himself, a source told The Times.
Illegal immigrant to the UK ‘supplied more than 400 SIM cards to …
Shakespeare’s 44-year-old American scholar is expelled from Britain for …
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
At a court hearing in Redbridge Magistrates shortly after the attack, it was understood that the group of attackers, made up largely of unskilled workers, had a dispute with Singh over an ‘outstanding debt’.
A family source revealed that the fight was due to a business deal.
During the attack on Seven Kings, Ilford on January 19, Singh suffered multiple injuries while trying to defend himself.
The court heard that this included a ‘crushing injury’ to the top of the head consistent with a hammer attack, a cut to the back of the head and forehead, and a two-inch cut to the left side of the head. head. One of his hands was also injured during the attack.
A forensic tent was erected in the Seven Kings area of Ilford in East London to search for clues following the triple murder
The trio of dead men, all fellow Sikhs, and the two survivors had seen Mr. Singh at the Gurdwara in Ilford (a Sikh place of worship) just before the attack.
It followed a gathering the night before at a community event to celebrate the birth of a baby at a nearby place called Krystel Banqueting where there was a disagreement.
On the night in question, the attackers had been waiting for Mr. Sign to leave the Gurdwara. A confrontation ensued in which Mr. Singh was persecuted and effectively boxed in.
A fierce gun fight broke out resulting in the deaths of Harinder Kumar, Narinder Singh, and Baljit Singh.
Police officers in forensic suits search park near scene in east London after +3 attack
Police officers in forensic suits search a park near the scene in East London after the attack
The trio were found in pools of blood in scenes compared to a war zone.
Louis O’Donoghue, 40, a scaffold who arrived at the scene shortly after, said at the time: ‘It was chaos. It was like something out of a movie. Horrific. It was like a bad day in Bosnia. ‘
The two survivors of the failed attack were convicted in August.
Unskilled worker Sandeep Singh of Romford, who is not related to any of the victims, had exceeded his visa and was living illegally in the UK.
The 29-year-old was jailed for four years in August for intentionally injuring and will be deported back to India after serving his sentence.
The above graphic shows where the incident took place in the Seven Kings area of Ilford in East London +3
The graphic above shows where the incident unfolded in the Seven Kings area of Ilford in East London.
His brother Harpreet, who was the designated driver for the getaway that night, had also exceeded his visa.
His brother Harpreet, who was the designated driver for the getaway that night, had also exceeded his visa. The 27-year-old will also be deported after he completes his 12-month jail sentence for the same crime.
Met police charged Gurjeet Singh with possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and he was taken into custody for trial in February.
Charges were never brought in connection with the deaths of three victims.
Singh was found not guilty in August by a jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
They contacted him for comment, but could not reach him.
A Met spokeswoman confirmed that Mr. Singh had been initially arrested for murder, but was charged only with possession of the knife, for which he was later acquitted.
Singh, who was living in Dagenham at the time of the attack, is an Indian national who was left out of the ranch and was notified to leave in May 2015.
It is unclear when he first entered the UK, but there were problems with a student visa with an expiration date of November 2013.
In 2015, he made a failed application to stay in the UK under the Human Rights Act.