Emonte Morgan Wiki
Emonte Morgan Biography
Who is Emonte Morgan ?
Emonte Morgan is charged with first degree murder of a law enforcement officer, attempted first degree murder of a law enforcement officer (two counts), aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and unlawful use of a weapon by a criminal.
Eric Morgan, 22, is charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful use of a weapon by a criminal, and obstruction of justice.wikipedia
How old is Emonte Morgan ?
He is 21 year old.
Arrested and Charged
Two brothers have been charged in the fatal shooting of Chicago police officer Ella French, the department announced Monday night.
Police said that a third female passenger in the car has not been charged due to a lack of evidence.
Emonte Morgan has a criminal record. He was previously charged with minor traffic offenses, including leaving the scene, operating a vehicle without a license and driving without insurance. He was also charged with assault and robbery in 2019.
One of the Morgan brothers was shot and initially taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition.
Both brothers are due to appear in court on Tuesday.
The news comes after federal prosecutors on Monday charged a Hammond, Indiana man with illegally buying and then supplying the semiautomatic pistol to one of the Morgan brothers. Jamal Danzy is charged with purchasing the gun from a licensed Hammond gun dealer, knowingly transferring a firearm to an out-of-state resident and knowingly disposing of a firearm to a convicted felon, Brown said in the press conference.
Chicago police Ella French was killed Saturday night during a traffic stop in the 6300 block of South Bell Avenue in the West Englewood neighborhood on the Southwest Side. Her partner remains hospitalized. Chicago Police Department Superintendent David Brown said the wounded officer is in critical condition but that she is “gradually improving.”
“We will never forget the true courage she exemplified when she gave her life to protect others,” the police department said of French in a Facebook post.
According to police, Chicago officers stopped the vehicle with the Morgan brothers and the unidentified passenger inside on expired license plates. The occupants inside the vehicle opened fire on the officers, causing an exchange of bullets.
“There is a reason this happened. One reason. These two criminals killed Ella French and tried to kill [the second and third officer] there, ”Brown said.
“I will not entertain myself with pointing fingers at anyone or anything else,” he added. “They must be fully responsible for her murder.”
Emonte Morgan Quicks and Facts
- Two brothers have been charged in connection with murder of a police officer
- Emonte Morgan, 21, is charged with first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder of a peace officer
- His brother, Eric Morgan, 22, is charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, and obstruction of justice
- Officer Ella French, 29, was killed and her partner gravely wounded in shooting
- Cops turned their backs on Lightfoot as she approached them in the hallway
- Father of wounded officer excoriated mayor and blamed her for the tragedy
- Indiana man, 29, was charged with supplying semi-automatic handgun used in the shooting
- Jamal Danzy, 29, of Hammond, Indiana is accused of buying the weapon from a license gun dealer in March
- He is then alleged to have provided it to an Illinois resident who Danzy knew could neither buy nor possess guns because of a felony conviction
- It came on bloody weekend with 64 people shot, 10 fatally, in Chicago
- Lightfoot expressed condolences for the shot cops and blamed ‘guns and gangs’