Emma Panas Wiki
Emma Panas Biography
Emma Pan’s father found her dead after appointments at a specialty clinic for her painful endometriosis were canceled twice due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In this condition, the tissue that looks like the lining of the uterus grows elsewhere.
The 28-year-old’s death was classified by the forensic physician as sudden adult death syndrome.
A singer with endometriosis was found dead at age 28 after her appointment at a specialty clinic was canceled twice due to the Covid pandemic.
The body of the “extremely talented” Emma Panas was discovered by her father at their home in Bromley, southeast London, after friends and family were unable to contact her.
The composer, whose name was Pyra and who also ran the electronic duo Paper Crows, later had life-threatening painkillers in her system.
Despite the discovery of an accidental overdose, the coroner determined that her death was not drug-related, but was due to sudden adult death syndrome (SADS).
The term is used to describe cases where people die suddenly from cardiac arrest, but no clear cause can be found.
The investigation, carried out at Croydon Coroner Court, resulted in Emma prescribed large doses of codeine and morphine to treat debilitating pain and was waiting for an appointment at a pain clinic when she died.
The musician suffered from endometriosis, a condition in which tissue that resembles the lining of the uterus grows in other places such as the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Emma was prescribed opioid pain relievers in February 2020 and she took them home in July, a few months before her death.
The investigation revealed that she had appointments at the pain clinic, but these were canceled due to the closure of Covid-19.
Family members who linked videos to the testimony said they found it difficult to find out how she died.
They said they feared her death would be recorded as an accidental drug overdose because they said she was “very, very careful” about taking her medications.
Investigations found that there was no evidence of suicide as the medicine packages at her home had not been opened and she had normally chatted with friends on WhatsApp the night before she was found dead.
Emma’s brother, Sebastian Panas, told the investigation how her death “screams NHS failure” while explaining how her gynecologist referred her to a pain clinic, but she returned; she was informed twice.
He said: “The existing nursing service should be able to provide the care that patients need, and if canceled to the point where Emma would have to self-medicate more, to the point where they could live.
Another theory was that her blood levels of pain relievers were reaching life-threatening levels because she may have been dehydrated on the hot summer night.
However, this was ruled out after a medical report said dehydration and high temperature would not affect the drug levels in her system.
Chief Coroner Sarah Ormond-Walsh concluded on “Sudden Adult Death Syndrome” after reading an expert report that the high levels of painkillers in Emma’s body could not have been fatal to a person with high tolerance.
The report suggests that since Emma took the medication every day for several months, she may have been able to take more than expected because her body was used to it.
The coroner said: “She took codeine and morphine for the pain caused by the chromium. There is no evidence that she intended to commit suicide.
“She may have accidentally taken too many pills. It is also likely that she had a tolerance to codeine and morphine, so the amount in her blood would not necessarily have caused her death. ”
They paid tribute to her devastated colleagues at Miabella, a nightclub in Soho, central London, where Emma opened the doors to a regular electronic event called Bite.
In the heartbreaking post, they said, “Unfortunately, we wanted to post this as a tribute to our beautiful and wonderful Doorgirl Emma Panas.
She “She was an extremely talented, beautiful and vital force that made us laugh all the time, but she was also endlessly friendly and an integral part of the Bite family. We can’t believe she’s gone.