Dylan Craddock Wiki
Dylan Craddock Biography
Who is Dylan Craddock?
Dylan Craddock, 27, and Cody Matthews, 33, were charged with second-degree murder in October in Buchler’s death. Both have pleaded not guilty and are tentatively scheduled for separate trials next month.
Police said the two men wanted to silence Buchler, who knew they nearly beat to death a man they thought he had raped her. It is not immediately clear if the beating victim is the same man Buchler accused of raping her.
Police say Buchler was with the two men at a hotel in St. Bernard Parish on Aug. 21, the day before she disappeared.
“As a result of the indictment, Dylan Craddock and Cody Matthews severely beat the [man] inside Buchler’s apartment” and then transferred him, police wrote.
Authorities said the 27-year-old beating victim was also stabbed before being thrown into a swamp in Slidell. She managed to survive and make it to a hospital, but she has not cooperated with police since her release, they said.
It is unclear why the man was at Buchler’s apartment. The Slidell Police Department said the beating victim was an “acquaintance” of Buchler, but her friends say they were in a short-term romantic relationship and may have been together.
Months after a Louisiana waitress was found dead, police reports reveal that she was murdered because of what she knew about another crime.
Brooke Buchler, 25, was reported missing on August 22, 2020 and was later found dead the next day by an squatter in the former Naval Support Activities building in New Orleans.
Investigators said Ella Buchler told several people days before her death that she was raped by a man she knew and that two men had severely beaten the accused rapist when she told him.
Matthews also allegedly asked police for immunity in exchange for the location of the murder weapon.
Craddock and Matthews have also been charged with kidnapping and attempted murder in the beating of the accused rapist, who has not been arrested or charged.
Police said Craddock’s cell phone records show him speaking to Buchler on the morning of Aug. 21, as well as being close to where she was that same night.
The next morning, he texted her mother about ‘making a drop’ and leaving her phone with her, creating an alibi, police say.
But Craddock also had photos showing him and Matthews in the abandoned building a week earlier, according to police, suggesting they knew about the building long before Buchler’s disappearance.
After Craddock and Matthews were arrested, Matthews made a call from jail, where she claimed that she “was present when Craddock killed Buchler,” police say.
Buchler began to reveal a rape on August 20, according to investigators
Craddock is being held on $ 1 million bond, while Matthews is being held on $ 625,000 bond.
Both could face mandatory life sentences if convicted of murder, while the attempted murder charge could land them up to 50 years in prison. The kidnapping could land them up to 40 years in prison.
Buchler’s mother spoke of her daughter’s passing after her funeral. “I don’t know if she knew how much she meant to so many people,” Cristin Naquin told CBS 8.
“I think we were all impressed by the people that came out,” she added.
Brennan, a brother, said at the time that she was like a ‘second mother’. “It was just me, mom and her in the house and mom worked,” she said.
Dylan Craddock Quicks and Facts
- Investigators claim Brooke Buchler, 25, of Slidell, Louisiana, told several people about her rape on August 20, alleging she was raped by a man that she knew
- Two men allegedly responded to the allegations by beating the accused rapist
- The man managed to survive the beating and get help for himself
- Police claim Buchler was with the two men at a hotel in St. Bernard Parish on August 21, a day before she went missing
- She was reported missing on August 22. Buchler was found dead the next day at the former Naval Support Activity building by a squatter
- Buchler was shot in the head and dumped at an abandoned Navy base
- Dylan Craddock, 27, and Cody Matthews, 33, have been charged with second-degree murder in Buchler’s death
- Craddock and Matthews have also been charged with kidnapping and attempted murder in the beating of a 27-year-old man, and have been in custody