Drakeo the Ruler Wiki
Drakeo the Ruler Biography
Who was Drakeo the Ruler ?
Rapper Drakeo the Ruler died after being stabbed during a concert in Los Angeles on Saturday night, according to a report.
Drakeo, whose legal name is Darrell Caldwell, succumbed to injuries sustained at the Once Upon A Time In LA music festival headed by Snoop Dogg, TMZ reported early Sunday morning.
Darrell Caldwell, known professionally as Drakeo the Ruler, was an American rapper and songwriter based in Los Angeles, California. He was known for his unique flow, as well as his “oddly expressive, poetic word-choices”, leading the Los Angeles Times to call him “the most original West Coast stylist in decades.” Wikipedia
TMZ cited “multiple sources” as saying the rapper was pronounced dead after being rushed to a local hospital.
What is Drakeo The Ruler’s net worth?
Having built a presence in the hip hop world, it’s no wonder the artist had a net worth of around $ 300,000.
According to Rapper. Money Drakeo The Ruler is said to have a net worth of around $ 330,000. However, a more recent estimate from The 360 Report states that his fortune is closer to $ 400,000.
We send our condolences to the Drakeo The Ruler family at this difficult time.
December 19, 2021, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Since then, TMZ has confirmed his death, and members of the Stinc team, with whom Drakeo The Ruler was affiliated, have been taken to social media to pay tribute. On his Instagram story, BluePesos, he remembered the artist when he wrote: “Team Stinc forever.”
Arrested and Charged
In March 2018, Caldwell was reportedly arrested and charged with first degree murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder.
The charges related to a December 2016 shooting in Carson, California, where one person was killed and two injured.
In July 2019, he was acquitted of both charges, however the district attorney re-filed charges of criminal gang conspiracy and shooting from a motor vehicle.
According to NPR, Caldwell was released from prison in November 2020 after the district attorney’s office offered him a plea deal after three years in jail.
The rapper recorded his album Thank You for Using GTL, released in June 2020, during his time at the Men’s Central Jail in Los Angeles.
Raised in South Los Angeles, Caldwell released 10 mixtapes during his career.
According to the post, the rapper was “ quite injured ” and was thought to be backstage during the attack.
He was supposed to perform at the festival alongside other rappers, including 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, and Ice Cube.
The event was canceled shortly after the stabbing, and the Los Angeles Police Department said on Twitter that an ‘incident’ had occurred.
They said: ‘The festival has concluded early. LAPD will be in the area assisting [the California Highway Patrol] with the investigation. ‘
A Live Nation spokesperson said in a statement: ‘There was an altercation in the street behind the scenes.
“Out of respect for those involved and in coordination with local authorities, the artists and organizers decided not to go ahead with the remaining sets, so the festival ended an hour earlier.”
The festival was being delayed and Snoop Dogg was supposed to be on stage at 8:30 pm while a DJ played a 45-minute set.
At 9:20 p.m., the backstage area was said to be blocked from anyone other than police officers, with at least 20 present behind the main stage.
MailOnline has reached out to the organizers of the Once Upon A Time in LA event for feedback.
Drakeo the Ruler Quick and Facts
- Multiple sources have reportedly told TMZ that the 28-year-old performer died from his injuries
- The star was said to have been knifed in an area off-stage around 9pm and was rushed to hospital where he is currently in critical condition
- No one has been arrested as of yet, but the Los Angeles Times said that the artist was attacked by a ‘group of people’
- By 9:20pm, the backstage area was said to be blocked off to anyone but police officers, with at least 20 present behind the main stage
- The event was called off shortly after the stabbing, with the Los Angeles Police Department saying on Twitter that an ‘incident’ had occurred
- A Live Nation spokesperson said in a statement: ‘There was an altercation in the roadway backstage’
- They added: ‘Out of respect for those involved and in coordination with local authorities, artists and organisers decided not to move forward with remaining sets so the festival was ended an hour early’