Dino Tomassetti Wiki
Dino Tomassetti Biography
Who is Dino Tomassetti ?
The son of a bodybuilding-crazy family who helped shape the New York City skyline was arrested after allegedly shooting his parents on their sprawling $ 3.2 million estate on Long Island on Christmas morning.
Construction mogul Rocco Tomassetti, 65, and his wife Vinceta Marsicano-Tomassetti, were shot inside their 8751-square-foot mansion in Tony Hewlett Harbor around 10 a.m.
Arrested and Charged
His 29-year-old son, Dino Tomassetti, pulled the trigger and then fled the scene in a Cadillac Escalade before being arrested in New Jersey that same night, police said.
A Nassau County Police spokesman told DailyMail.com that Tomassetti was awaiting extradition to New York on Sunday.
The parents survived the shooting, but his status has not been released.
The Tomasetti family is part of a construction dynasty made up of the late Dino Tomassetti Sr., an Italian immigrant whose Laquila chain of companies helped shape the New York City skyline.
His projects include the Goldman Sachs headquarters near Ground Zero, the Bank of America headquarters, condos and more. His son Rocco’s Empire Transit Mix company provided the concrete for Freedom Tower and his daughter’s company helped develop the structure.
Now the family dynasty is surrounded by yellow tape as police investigate the shooting in the exclusive South Shore community, which is in the 95th percentile for public safety.
The main suspect is Dino Tomassetti, a bodybuilder and personal trainer whose social media pages are littered with images of him flexing his bulging muscles.
His Instagram page, which remained active Sunday, was littered with snapshots of him lifting weights and occasionally traveling to more exotic parts of the world like Paris and the Caribbean.
In one photo, he poses in a car, displaying an expensive Breitling watch. In another post, he boasts of his 240-pound physique.
Police have not revealed the motive for the shooting or updated the public on the condition of the victims.
In the same article, the outlet reported that the company was charged with extortion in 1987 for allegedly bribing local officials to allow them to illegally dump construction waste in New Jersey.
The charges were dropped after Laquila agreed to pay a $ 25,000 fine.
In 2006, a scathing report from the New York City Department of Sanitation rejected a request from Rocco and Dino Sr. to operate a waste business in the city, calling the couple “unworthy” of obtaining a record.
The application was denied because the applicants lacked “good character, honesty and integrity,” the report says.
The couple have three children, including twins Rocco and Dino, and their 24-year-old daughter Gina.
Family members did not respond to DailyMail.com inquiries as of press time; a colleague of Rocco Sr. declined to comment.
Dino Tomassetti Quick and Facts
- Construction magnate Rocco Tomassetti, 65, and wife Vinceta Marsicano-Tomassettti, were shot inside their 8,751-square foot, $3.2 million mansion
- Their 29-year-old son, Dino Tomassetti, was arrested in New Jersey after fleeing the scene in a Cadillac Escalade and is awaiting extradition
- The Tomasetti family is part of a construction dynasty that helped shape New York City’s skyline
- Now, the family dynasty is surrounded by yellow tape as police investigate a shooting in tony Hewlett Harbor, which is in the 95th percentile for public safety
- Dino Tomassetti is a body builder and personal trainer whose social media pages are filled with pictures of him flexing his bulging muscles
- Police have not revealed the motive for the shooting, nor have they updated the the condition of the parents