Christy Giles Wiki
Christy Giles Biography
Who was Christy Giles ?
A model whose body was dumped outside a Los Angeles hospital after a warehouse party has died of a drug overdose that has been ruled a homicide.
Christy Giles, 24, had four illegal substances in her bloodstream at the time of her death in November 2021; cocaine, fentanyl, ketamine and GHB, better known as the “date rape” drug, according to an autopsy.
The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s Office also ruled that Giles’ friend, 26-year-old Hilda Marcela Cabrales-Arzola, suffered a fatal drug overdose at the same party, People reported.
Christy Giles Death
Cabrales-Arzola was dumped in front of another Los Angeles hospital the same night as Giles, and died after two weeks in a coma.
The coroner’s report said she had drugs, including cocaine and MDMA, in her system, and she died of a drug overdose, as well as multiple organ failure caused by the drugs she had taken.
The women were seen being abandoned by three masked men driving a Toyota Prius with no license plates. Their families have claimed they did not take the drugs that killed them voluntarily, but police have yet to comment further on those allegations.
Surveillance footage recorded the men dumping Cabrales’s unconscious body outside Kaiser Permanente hospital in West Los Angeles.
David Pearce Arrested and Charged
Hollywood producer David Pearce, who was photographed partying with Cabralez-Arzola hours before his death, was arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter but has not yet been charged in connection with the death.
He is being held on $3.4 million bail on separate rape charges and is accused of seeking out countries that do not have an extradition treaty with the United States.
Hollywood producer David Pearce, pictured, was arrested for involuntary manslaughter in the deaths of both women, but has not yet been charged.
Pearce, an event promoter, appears in Los Angeles Superior Court on December 23 for his arraignment on rape and s*xual assault charges stemming from four incidents between 2010 and 2020.
Giles and Cabrales-Arzola were in SoHo when they went to a warehouse party. Giles’ husband said he traced her phone to an apartment complex before the women were taken to their respective hospitals.
Pearce was arrested by Los Angeles police in December after allegedly sexually assaulting four women in 2010, 2019, February 2020 and October 2020 in crimes unrelated to the deaths of Giles and Cabralez-Arzola.
He now faces two counts of forcible rape, one count of rape of an unconscious or sleeping person, and one count of sexual penetration with a foreign object related to the alleged incidents.
Michael Ansbach, 47, as well as Brandt Osborn, 42, were charged with accessory to the murder charges but were later reduced to an arrest in connection with the deaths of Giles and Cabrales-Arzola.
Giles died of multiple drug intoxication, including cocaine, fentanyl, gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, also known as “the date rape drug,” and ketamine.
The mother said that Arzola, who had recently moved to Los Angeles from Mexico, also despised heroin according to family and friends.
Dusty said that she was not surprised by the references to drug use.
‘My daughter was in no way an angel. She lived her life unapologetically and was brutally honest and truthful with her family, whether we agreed with her or not, because she knew we loved her unconditionally,” she said.
Christy Giles Quick and Facts
- Christy Giles, 24, and her architect friend, Hilda Marcela Cabrales-Arzola, 26, were both ruled to have died of drug-induced homicides
- Giles was dumped dead outside an ER, and has since been found to have had cocaine, fentanyl, ketamine and GHB in her system
- Cabralez-Arzola had drugs including cocaine and MDMA in her system, and suffered organ failure
- The two women were last seen at an East Los Angeles warehouse party in the early hours of November 13
- Giles’ body was left outside a Los Angeles hospital on November 13, while Cabrales-Arzola was found clinging to life at another hospital
- Cabrales-Arzola died after two weeks in a coma
- Surveillance footage recorded the men dumping Cabrales’ unconscious body outside Kaiser Permanente hospital in West LA
- David Pearce, 39, was arrested by Los Angeles Police in December after allegedly sexually assaulting four women in 2010, 2019, and 2020
- He is now facing multiple counts of rape related to the alleged incidents, but has not been charged over the two women’s deaths