Christopher Pekny Wiki
Christopher Pekny Biography
Christopher Pekny was a future father who was killed before his baby was born when he was making a gender reveal device that exploded, killing him and injuring his brother. The device was for an upcoming gender reveal party, police said.
New York State Police responded to a report of an explosion shortly before noon in the Catskills town of Liberty and found Pekny, 28, dead. Her brother, Michael Pekny, was injured in the blast and taken to a local hospital. Police did not reveal the status of her brother.
The Pekny family was known throughout their city for the Robin Hood Diner, which was owned and operated by the family for decades. The gender reveal death was at least the second to occur this month.
The Pekny Family Ran a Diner in Town Since 1980 in Livingston Manor, New York
Christopher Pekny was known throughout his small town for the Robin Hood Diner, owned by the Pekny family since 1980. The restaurant posted a tribute to him on Facebook in the hours after his death.
“We are deeply saddened and must inform everyone of the loss of our beloved Christopher,” the post read. “We appreciate the overwhelming show of love and support that all of you have shown. The Robin Hood will be closed for the immediate future. More details will be posted when we make them available. Thanks.”
Several people commented on the post, expressing their condolences and sharing kind words about Chris Pekny.
“Jan, my heart is breaking for all of you. I know what you’re going through. Praying for your family. If there’s anything I can do, you have my number. I hope and pray Michael is okay. Chris was a great guy. and we will miss him, ”wrote Susie Butler.
Another person spoke about how respected the brothers were in the area.
“My father speaks highly of Mike and Chris,” wrote Bryan DaParma. “I met them a few times and they are truly two of the most genuine people I have ever met !!”
Pekny Is One of Many People to Die From a Gender Reveal Party Mishap & the Creator of Gender Reveal Parties Asked People to Stop
Pekny is among a growing list of people dying due to a gender reveal party. A 26-year-old Michigan man, Evan Silva, was killed when he was hit by shrapnel from a device used to reveal the sex of a baby earlier this month, according to The New York Post. A pyrotechnic device used at a gender reveal party ignited a wildfire that burned thousands of acres in Southern California.
After the wildfire, the blogger who inadvertently sparked a storm of gender reveal parties that spun out of her traditional approach is to ask people to stop. Jenna Karvunidis held one of the first gender reveal parties in 2008, according to CNN. She cut a cake to reveal the gender of her baby with pink frosting.
The concept took off, but gender reveal methods became more extreme and dangerous. She wrote on Facebook following the wildfires.
“Stop. Stop having these stupid parties,” she wrote. “For God’s sake, stop burning things to tell everyone about your son’s penis. Nobody cares more than you.”