Christofer Conner Wiki
Christofer Conner Biography
Who is Christofer Conner ?
An Arkansas man stabbed to death a woman in her home Sunday, beat her 15-year-old son to death with a brick and then slit the throat of an officer who responded before police shot him dead.
Police were responding to a call at 2819 Tilles Avenue, Fort Smith, when they found Christopher ‘Cason’ Conner, 40, hitting his 15-year-old son with a brick in the middle of the street.
Julie Moore, 42, the boy’s mother, was found dead inside with multiple stab wounds. The relationship between Moore and Conner, and whether or not they lived in the house together, is unclear.wikipedia
A five-year-old boy was found alive and safe inside the home, and has since been handed over to other family members.
Fort Smith Chief Danny Baker said he “had no doubt that our officer’s swift actions saved that child’s life.”
Julie Moore was found dead with multiple stab wounds
At a Sunday press conference, Baker said the 911 caller who alerted dispatchers to the ‘extremely violent attack’ said they ‘heard screaming and screaming and came out to see a shirtless white man assaulting a person. on the floor’.
Baker said the anonymous police officer who responded appeared to convince Conner to stop beating his son. However, when the officer attempted to immobilize the man, he brandished a knife and “cut the officer’s throat and neck.”
The officer then shot Conner twice, “killing him and ending the threat.”
The officer, who Baker said he had been with the department for 16 months, required emergency surgery after the attack for “severe lacerations” to his face and neck; he now he is in stable condition.
The 15-year-old was pronounced dead at the hospital; Police said he had “ multiple stab wounds ” along with blunt trauma.
Both the injured officer and another department member at the scene were placed on paid leave while the Arkansas State Police conducts an investigation into the shooting involved by the officer.
Conner was arrested for third degree domestic battery on July 22 of this year, according to Sebastian County documents: Dailymail.com was unable to reach the Sebastian County Sheriff’s Department at the time of publication.
On July 20, two days before his arrest, Conner made a screenshot of his phone screen from his Facebook profile photo after a call between him and Moore was disconnected.
“[Conner and Moore] had a history together for sure,” Mitchell told Dailymail.com. “We have more than one [domestic violence] call out there.”
The Arkansas State Police Department, which is handling the case now that there is an investigation into the officer’s use of deadly force, did not respond to DailyMail.com inquiries about a possible motive for the murder.
“When unimaginable tragedies like this occur, we are all scared, angry, frustrated, sometimes hopeless,” Chief Baker said at the news conference.
“It hurts as much as it hurts each of you when an outcome like this is inevitable.”
Christofer Conner Quick and Facts
- Christofer Conner, 40, was shot dead on Sunday after he stabbed a Fort Smith officer trying to stop him from bludgeoning his 15-year-old son with a brick
- The teen, who was pronounced dead shortly afterward at an area hospital, had ‘multiple stab wounds,’ and blunt force trauma
- Police told Dailymail.com that 42-year-old Julia Marie Moore, who was found stabbed to death in the home, was the teen’s mother
- A five-year-old was found in the home, police said, and was released to other family members after the horrific attack
- ‘I have no doubt that our officer’s swift actions saved this young child’s life,’ Fort Smith Police Chief Danny Baker said at a Sunday press conference
- Conner was charged with domestic battery in July, according to Sebastian County records – ‘[Conner and Moore] had a history for sure’
- The 911 caller told dispatchers they ‘heard a person yelling and screaming [and] saw a white male with no shirt assaulting a person on the ground’
- Baker said Conner ‘sliced the officer’s throat and neck’ less than a minute’ after he got to the scene and tried to stop him from bludgeoning the boy
- The officer, he said, has been placed on paid leave while state police conduct an investigation into the police-involved shooting