Chloe Caudery Wiki
Chloe Caudery Biography
Who is Chloe Caudery ?
A woman who accidentally set her garden shed on fire with lighter fluid in a barbecue accident has shared images of the damage.
Mother of two, Chloe Caudery, was terrified when the fire broke out at her home in Bellingdon, Buckinghamshire, on Thursday April 21.
The 32-year-old woman was having trouble lighting her barbecue, so she used lighter fluid that she says ignited after the flames “sucked the can back in.”
The cleaner quickly panicked, thinking the burning liquid would explode in her hand, so she threw it away.
The burning can hits Chloe’s shed before exploding and setting the entire wooden frame on fire.
The 32-year-old woman was having trouble lighting her barbecue, so she used lighter fluid, which she says ignited after the flames “sucked the can back in.”
Chloe Caudery, 32, panicked that the burning liquid would explode in her hand, so she threw the can, causing her shed to catch fire.
The fire then spread through the yard, damaging the fence, a barbecue, a clothes dryer, a freezer, toys, a pergola and parts of the house’s gutters.
Firefighters arrived just 12 minutes later and managed to extinguish the flames.
Chloe issued a warning on social media about the dangers of lighter fluid, saying she learned her lesson from the incident.
She shared images showing the aftermath of the fire, including the garden area completely burned.
Other images show family belongings completely destroyed by the flames.
Posting on Facebook on Friday April 22, she said: ‘Please be careful using your barbecues this summer.
‘Normally I’m fine, but yesterday was scary. I used BBQ lighter fluid to get it to work since I didn’t have anything on hand like firewood.
‘The liquid went back into the bottle, I panicked and threw it away.
‘Hit the shed and bang and here is the devastation.
“I was lucky I moved my car out of the way when things started blowing up.”
The post received more than 1,100 likes and hundreds of comments from surprised viewers.
One said: ‘Wow, so glad to see you are safe and the damage was localized around the barbecue area and not widespread. I guess the life lesson here is to never throw lighter fluid on a lit barbecue.
Another wrote: ‘Scary, I’ve always been scared to use lighter fluid and it smells so bad.
‘We use natural lighters which still scare me, but they burn on their own. I’m glad everyone is okay.
A third commented: ‘Oh my gosh, you’re so lucky everything is okay. I will never put liquid on a lit barbecue again.
Another person added: ‘Never squeeze out the liquid when lit for this very reason and always keep the barbecue away from everything else, especially fences and sheds.
‘I’m glad you’re safe and a horrible lesson to learn this way.’
Speaking today, Ms Caudery added
Speaking today, Ms Caudery added: ‘The barbecue wouldn’t light so I put barbecue lighter fluid in it.
‘With the suction going back into the bottle, I panicked and threw the bottle into the shed, it burned down the entire shed, six fence panels and the pergola.
‘It was horrible. It’s so annoying that I’m devastated. It lasted 12 long minutes.
‘It was really scary. He was yelling on the phone to the fire crew saying, “He’s going to go into the house.”
‘If they didn’t get here when they did, I was about to go up on the roof.’
Chloe Caudery Quick and Facts
- Mother-of-two Chloe Caudery, 32, struggled to start a barbeque on Thursday
- She used lighter fluid in order to stoke flames but the flammable liquid ignited
- Ms Caudery threw away the burning can, which then engulfed her shed in a fire
- She shared images of the aftermath of the blaze in Bellingdon, Buckinghamshire