Home » Who was Cason Hallwood?(Boy, 12, died after suffering allergic reaction to Christmas dinner at his grandparents’ house that contained nuts in the glaze on the ham, inquest hears ) Wiki, Bio, Age,Family,Death,Facebook,Investigation,Net Worth, Instagram, Twitter & Quick Facts
Celebrity Top Stories Trending News UK News USA USA News World News

Who was Cason Hallwood?(Boy, 12, died after suffering allergic reaction to Christmas dinner at his grandparents’ house that contained nuts in the glaze on the ham, inquest hears ) Wiki, Bio, Age,Family,Death,Facebook,Investigation,Net Worth, Instagram, Twitter & Quick Facts

Cason Hallwood

Cason Hallwood Wiki

                                        Cason Hallwood Biography

Who was Cason Hallwood ?

A 12-year-old boy died in hospital after suffering an allergic reaction at his family’s Christmas dinner that contained walnuts, an investigation has heard.

Cason Hallwood of Winsford had been playing with friends when he began having trouble breathing and collapsed at Wharton Recreation Ground, hours after Christmas dinner with his mother, three brothers and his grandparents last year. .

Despite the schoolboy’s mother, Louise, running to the park to administer an EpiPen, as well as the efforts of paramedics and doctors, Cason, who suffered from asthma and had a nut allergy, suffered respiratory and then cardiac arrest. .wikipedia

They took him to the hospital, but he died shortly after.

How old was Cason Hallwood ?

He was 12 year old.

Cason Hallwood Death

An investigation into Cason’s death at Warrington Coroner’s Court, sitting in Parr Hall due to Covid-19 restrictions, heard today that his grandfather, who cooked the food, had “ forgotten ” about his allergy and that the frosting used in the family gammon contained walnuts.

Giving evidence in the investigation to Cheshire Senior Coroner Alan Moore, Cason’s mother said the family had sat down to dinner at around 2.25pm ​​before her son left for the park with his friends.

She said: ‘He was a bit of a connected Cason, he didn’t want to sit and watch TV. He asked if he could go to the park with his classmates. He said ” call me if you need me ” and with that he left

‘About 20 minutes later my phone rings and Cason asked me if he could send one of the guys with the inhalers. I didn’t panic at this point and one of the twins said they would be riding Cason’s bike.

‘He came back in about 10 minutes and said he seemed fine. My phone rang again and this time I realized the inhalers hadn’t worked. ‘
The schoolboy’s mother described how she ran to the park with the EpiPen they had at Cason’s grandparents’ house, which she said was out of date.

“ I realized immediately that she had taken something because her eyes were puffy. The EpiPen she had with me was out of date. My house was dated, but my mom and dad’s was not, ” she said.wikipedia

“ I was on the phone with the ambulance and asked permission to give it to him because he was out of date. I gave him the injection and it made no difference. ”

Louise described how she was ‘panicking’ when the ambulance showed up and said there was a few minutes of confusion as the vehicle went to one entrance and then another before reaching Cason and transferring him to the ambulance.

Family

She continued: ‘Cason was saying’ I can’t breathe, I’m going to pass out ‘and I was yelling’ ‘help him’ ‘. Then I got out of the back of the ambulance, I don’t know why, I just couldn’t take it anymore. ‘

Cason was taken to Leighton Hospital, with Louise and her mother Helen traveling there in the second ambulance.

“They put us in a family room when we got there and within minutes they said they were still working on it, but it didn’t look good,” Louise said.

They said that if there were no signs of life, I would have to go say goodbye. I just couldn’t bear it, but they told me that no one should die alone.

At this point he was in shock and didn’t know what was going on. They took me to resus and I saw them working on it. Then I knew that he was gone.

In a written statement read by My Moore, Cason’s grandfather Albert said: ‘My wife and I had invited Louise and our grandchildren, including Cason, to the house for Christmas dinner. Other families were there too.

Hundreds of people paid tribute to the schoolboy after he suffered an allergic reaction and died last year

“ I was cooking Christmas dinner and I had prepared the night before: a roast beef and a joint of ham. I had completely forgotten about Cason’s nut allergy.

“We cooked the food and at 2 pm the whole family enjoyed our time around the table. I remember Cason licking his clean plate and saying “Grandpa, that was lovely.”

Cason went out to play with his classmates. Between 45 minutes and an hour later, my wife Helen told me that Cason was in the park and couldn’t breathe properly.

Helen asked me what she had done with the food. It was at this point that I realized that the gammon glaze I used had walnuts in it. I had completely forgotten about the nut content.

‘I told my wife that the frosting had nuts in it. My heart sank when I realized this and was worried about Cason. As a family, we are completely heartbroken. Life will never be the same again. ‘

During the investigation, the family questioned how long it took the paramedics to reach the scene and why the ambulance had gone from one entrance to another before entering the park to treat Cason.

The 999 call was received at 3.18 p.m. and the ambulance arrived at the park at 3.33 p.m.

Alan Jeeves, a paramedic with the Northwest Ambulance Service, said: “We were en route when the navigator guiding us was in a position where it was not the correct entrance to the park.

‘When we arrived at the scene, a young man with a bicycle approached the ambulance and told us that there was another entrance. So the other paramedic and I went back to the ambulance and they directed us to another entrance where Cason was.

When asked how long the confusion had taken, Jeeves replied, “No more than four or five minutes.”

He said that when they were trying to treat Cason he had become ‘combative’ and was in a ‘state of panic’, which Jeeves attributed to hypoxia, a lack of oxygen in the body that can cause patients to act irrationally due to to the effect on the brain.

Paramedics treated Cason at the scene until approximately 4.27 p.m. M. When they took him to Leighton, and arrived at the hospital at 4:39 p.m. M.

Investigations

The investigation heard that Cason had received multiple asthma treatments from him and required multiple doctor visits in 2020.

His allergy to nuts was first diagnosed more than ten years ago, and his mother Louise said that she never kept nuts “of any kind” in the house.

The investigation established that the outdated EpiPen used at Cason in the park would not have caused any harm to it, but may have had a weaker effect.

An autopsy concluded that Cason died as a result of fatal anaphylactic asthma caused by ingesting peanuts, with bilateral pneumothorax (collapsed lungs) as a contributing factor.

Mr. Moore concluded that Cason died as a result of an accident and added: ‘I remember this case. I was the coroner on duty on Christmas Day when I received several calls. In that sense, I can connect with you if I can put it that way.

‘That day, my heart really felt sorry for you. I couldn’t even imagine what they were going through as a family.

‘This is a heartbreaking story. I can only say that as a family they have shown, not just today but since last Christmas, courage and dignity on a scale that I have never seen before. ”

Cason Hallwood Quick and Facts

  • Cason Hallwood, 12, died in hospital after suffering from an allergic reaction
  • The schoolboy had been playing with friends at the park when he collapsed  
  • Child, who suffered had a nut allergy, went into respiratory and cardiac arrest
  • Inquest heard that the glaze used on the family’s gammon contained nuts

Sponsored Links