Home » Who was Cameron Wahid?(East Grinstead schoolboy, 7, died after eating bowl of pasta on holiday in Italy ) Wiki, Bio, Age,Death,Family,Facebook,Charged, Instagram, Twitter & Quick Facts
Top Stories Trending News UK News USA USA News World News

Who was Cameron Wahid?(East Grinstead schoolboy, 7, died after eating bowl of pasta on holiday in Italy ) Wiki, Bio, Age,Death,Family,Facebook,Charged, Instagram, Twitter & Quick Facts

Cameron Wahid

Cameron Wahid Wiki

                                         Cameron Wahid Biography

Who was Cameron Wahid ?

The parents of a British schoolboy who died of an allergic reaction after eating pasta during a mid-year vacation in Italy fought to save their son’s life, according to an investigation.

Seven-year-old Cameron Wahid suffered severe anaphylactic shock after eating a pasta dish made with milk at a restaurant in Ravello, on the Amalfi Coast.

His parents, Cassandra and Rizwan Wahid, both 43, warned staff that Cameron could not eat cheese or dairy, but restaurant staff assured the family that the plate was dairy-free.wikipedia

After finishing their meal, the family returned to their tour bus.

It was there that Cameron collapsed and went into shock in front of his parents and his younger brother Aidan, before suffering cardiac arrest in the main square.

How old was Cameron Wahid ?

He was 7 year old.

Death

Ms. Wahid, who works as a nurse, managed to give her son an EpiPen, but it was too late.

Mr. Wahid gave his son CPR before a passing doctor stepped in to help him.

The schoolboy, from Grinstead, Sussex, died three days later, on October 30, 2015, at a hospital about 35 miles away in Naples.

In an investigation in Horsham, Assistant Coroner Lisa Milner ruled that Cameron died as a result of eating milk or a dairy product.

She said: ‘I am satisfied that Cameron died on October 30 of hypoxic brain injury and cardiac arrest after consuming milk or a milk derivative.

“Before ordering, the family had informed the restaurant of his severe allergy, but the food contained milk or a derivative that caused the brain injury and anaphylactic shock that resulted in his death,” the coroner said.

Charged

Italian authorities charged the restaurant manager, chef and waiter after Cameron’s death.

“His parents told the staff about Cameron’s dairy allergy and were reassured that there was nothing in the food that could affect him,” said Ms. Doyle.

“The staff spoke English and understood what the family was saying to them.

“Cameron had about four bites of homemade pasta with tomato sauce, then said he didn’t like the taste.

“Within 10 minutes he started complaining of feeling bad,” Ms. Doyle said.

138208757780

The manager died before the case could be started, the chef was acquitted, and a two-year suspended sentence for the waiter was reduced to 12 months on appeal.

Coroner Lisa Milner said: “I would like to convey my sincere condolences to his family and friends.”

Investigation

Coroner Officer Mel Doyle said in the investigation that Cassandra and Rizwan were aware of the severity of their son’s allergies and had informed restaurant staff.

“His parents told the staff about Cameron’s dairy allergy and they were reassured that there was nothing in the food that could affect him,” Ms. Doyle said.

The staff spoke English and understood what the family was saying to them.

Cameron ate about four bites of homemade pasta with tomato sauce and then said he didn’t like the taste. Within ten minutes he began to complain of discomfort.

Family

The family had spent two weeks on vacation in Sorrento when they took a trip and stopped at Scala’s restaurant on the Amalfi Coast.

Italian authorities charged the restaurant manager, chef and waiter after Cameron’s death.

The manager died before the case could be started, the chef was acquitted, and the waiter’s two-year suspended sentence was reduced to 12 months on appeal.

Wahid said earlier this year: ‘Watching him go into anaphylactic shock and suffer like this was without a doubt the worst experience of our lives.

“ He was such a lovely boy and he always made our days brighter. ”

Also Read: Who is Ochur Sanchat?Russian man throws two girls, nine and 14, 80ft to their death

Cameron Wahid Quick and Facts

  • Cameron Wahid, seven, suffered severe anaphylactic shock from spaghetti dish 
  • It was made with milk at a restaurant in Ravello on the Amalfi Coast in Italy
  • Cameron’s mother, 43, who works as a nurse, managed to give her son an EpiPen
  • His father, 43, gave Cameron CPR before a passing doctor stepped in to help
  • Cameron died three days later from hypoxic brain injury and cardiac arrest

Sponsored Links