Bobby Roundtree Wiki
Bobby Roundtree Biography
Who was Bobby Roundtree ?
A former University of Illinois football star died on Friday, just two years after being paralyzed in a tragic swimming accident in which he jumped into shallow water, the team announced in an emotional tweet and statement.
“Stay humble and keep GETTING UP,” Roundtree last tweeted on Thursday, the day before his passing.
Meanwhile, members of the Illinois athletic community came out to honor Roundtree after news of his death broke Friday.
“There are no words to adequately express the sadness in my heart,” athletic director Josh Whitman tweeted upon learning of Roundtree’s untimely death.wikipedia
How old was Bobby Roundtree ?
He was 23 year old.
Cause of Death
‘Heartbroken In the face of unspeakable adversity and difficulties, Bobby brought life and optimism to every room he entered. He was a warrior, a leader, and an inspiration to all. I will never forget. I love you, 97 ‘.
In an official statement he made through college, Whitman described the young soccer star as a leader with a competitive drive that set him apart from other players on the field.
“All of us with the Illinois Athletics are shocked and saddened by the sudden passing of Bobby Roundtree,” Whitman said in a statement.
‘From his first day on campus, Bobby was a leader. His work ethic, his competitive passion and his drive for excellence set him apart. ”
Roundtree was seriously injured on May 18, 2019 after jumping from a boat into the water near John’s Pass in Madeira Beach, Florida, however the water was too shallow, leaving the 21-year-old college football star paralyzed from the waist down, the Chicago Sun-Times reported at the time.
A 13-year-old boy survives being sucked down an Illinois storm drain …
Two women and a man are arrested for ‘beating and suffocating …
His football career ended immediately after the accident, but those who knew him said that he applied that same passion he had for the game to the new challenges that came his way after his accident.
“After his tragic accident, those same qualities allowed her to tackle his new challenges with the same vigor and determination that we had seen on the football field,” Whitman said of Roundtree.
In doing so, he continued to bring light and inspiration to the lives of those around him and, indeed, to so many people who had never had the pleasure of meeting him. ”
The former college football star even documented his difficult 18-month rehab process on his social media accounts.
During the two seasons that he played with the Fighting Illini during his freshman and sophomore years, Roundtree played all 24 games with 11.5 sacks and 116 total tackles.
The college football ace also tied the team’s lead in sacks during the 2017 season, before receiving the Outstanding Defensive Player of the Year award from the distinguished college, as well as an All-Big Ten Honorable Mention.
Bobby Roundtree Quicks and Facts
- A former University of Illinois football star died Friday, two years after being paralyzed in a swimming accident where he jumped into shallow water
- Bobby Roundtree, 23, passed away from unknown causes in the Tampa area he called home
- He was severely injured back on May 18, 2019 after jumping off of a boat and into shallow water near John’s Pass in Madeira Beach, Florida
- The former star college football standout documented his difficult 18-month long rehabilitation process on his social media accounts
- Roundtree played all 24 games during his freshman and sophomore seasons, notching 11.5 sacks and 116 total tackles in those two years
- The college football ace also tied the team lead in sacks for the 2017 season before being awarded the Outstanding Defensive Player of the Year award