Ateeq Rafiq Wiki
Ateeq Rafiq Biography
A major movie company admitted health and safety failures after a man was killed by a motorized seat in a movie theater.
Vue has admitted failures following the death of 24-year-old Ateeq Rafiq at the Star City headquarters in Birmingham.
Desperate attempts were made to free Rafiq, but he suffered “ catastrophic ” injuries in the freak accident at the Star City headquarters in March 2018.
Ateeq Rafiq, 24, died after being crushed by a VIP movie seat while trying to retrieve his mobile phone and car keys.
How old is Ateeq Rafiq?
He is 24 year old.
Cause of Death
Vue Entertainment Ltd admitted two charges in Birmingham Crown Court under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
The company pleaded guilty of failing to ensure that individuals were not exposed to risks to their health and safety and of failing to conduct an adequate and safe risk assessment between January 1, 2007 and March 9, 2018 in connection with the use of electric cinema seats.
The sentence was postponed until July 20.
Calls for consultation as cost of the luxury of ‘Red Len’ McCluskey …
Moment bike knife ‘stabs a passenger through the car …
The father of one had gone with his wife to the movies at 4.30pm on March 9 and bought tickets at a seating machine in Gold Class, screen 17.
The Aston couple chose C5 and C6 with Mr. Rafiq sitting in C5.
At the end of the movie, he realized that he couldn’t find his keys or his phone and suspected they might have slipped down the side of the seat that was a reclining seat and had a footrest that lifted up.
He got up and got under the seat, but very quickly the footrest began to fall on him.
An investigation previously heard that his wife Ayesha Sardar tried to stop him when she realized what was happening.
Ms. Sardar alerted staff that she tried for about 10-15 minutes before releasing Mr. Rafiq.
They were unable to operate the buttons that operated the footrest.
Paramedics arrived at 7.55 p.m. and Mr. Rafiq was taken to Heartlands Hospital, where he died on March 16 after suffering a hypoxic brain injury.
In a week-long investigation, the seat was found to be missing a bar that would have allowed it to be released by hand.
In recording an accidental death verdict, Birmingham coroner Emma Brown said “opportunities to carry out extensive safety checks on chairs” had been missed, according to the BBC.
She said: “If the seat had been installed and maintained in the right way, Mr. Rafiq would not have died.”
Following the investigation, a Vue spokesperson said: “We are shocked and saddened by this tragic accident and our sincerest thoughts and condolences go out to Mr. Rafiq’s family and friends. We have been listening carefully to all the evidence and information and will now reflect on the results of the investigation. ”
Ateeq Rafiq Quicks and Facts
- Ateeq Rafiq, 24, was at the Vue Cinema in a Star City, Birmingham with his wife
- At the end of the film he tried to locate his car keys and mobile phone handset
- When he stuck his head under the footrest the seat crushed him for 15 minutes
- Vue admitted health and safety breaches and will be sentenced on July 20