Ashleigh Charlesworth Wiki
Ashleigh Charlesworth Biography
Who is Ashleigh Charlesworth?
A CHILDREN nurse who fought for her life with a ventilator after a pub heater exploded has bravely shared photos of her horrific injuries.
Ashleigh Charlesworth suffered burns to her face, chest and hands during the blast, which allegedly occurred when she sprayed accelerant on a camp stove at the King’s Head pub near Sudbury, Suffolk.
A heroine child nurse who worked tirelessly during the pandemic has shared images of herself recovering after suffering horror burns in a pub garden.
Ashleigh Charlesworth and her cousin were injured when a drinker allegedly sprayed ethanol on a naked flame at King’s Head near Sudbury, Suffolk.
The 27-year-old, who needed a skin graft on her hands, has now told her story in a moving TikTok video.
In subtitles, she told her followers: “This year has been the worst case.
“But I’m still alive and I’m moving on.”
In one photo, Ashleigh can be seen in a hospital bed with her head wrapped in bandages and blisters on her forehead, cheeks, lips, chin, and ears.
She also shared images of her healing after leaving the room, writing, “My world was turned upside down.”
She surprisingly, she is struggling to regain health and since then she has returned to the gym, writing in another post: “You can overcome anything”.
Ashleigh and her 28-year-old cousin April were rushed to the hospital in April after a drinker reportedly sprayed ethanol on the naked flame of the burner.
April, who needed skin grafts on her face and chest, said, “All I remember is my face was on fire.”
Ashleigh’s father, Paul Charlesworth, said
In May, Ashleigh’s father, Paul Charlesworth, said the women had suffered agony.
“Someone brought a heater into the pub, but it exploded and Ashleigh and her cousin got a spray to the face,” he said.
“They were badly burned and taken to the hospital.
“Ashleigh was put on a ventilator for two days and she needed operations on her hands.
“Doctors are doing their best not to do anything to the face as they hope the skin can heal on its own.
“You still have to wear a special mask on your face, as these types of burns can damage your skin for days.
“She is in extreme pain and she needs to have her skin chemically cleaned.
BRAVE NURSE’S FIGHT
“What happened has only been assimilated to Ashleigh in the last few days.
“It’s so unfortunate since she’s a hero who does so much for the NHS.”
Ashleigh, who worked in hospitals at the height of the pandemic, was injured less than a fortnight after pubs and restaurants reopened outdoor spaces to patrons after months of closure.
Neighbors reported hearing screams as the stove exploded into a fireball next to an outside table.
Drinkers carried the gas burner into the pub’s garden to keep warm, witnesses said.
IT consultant John Collings, 41, who lives next door, said: “I was watching a movie when I heard a woman screaming loudly around 10 pm before hearing the arrival of ambulances and police. .
“Before that, you only heard the general pub noise of people having fun in the garden.
Sarah Bond said on the pub’s Facebook page:
King’s Head landlady Sarah Bond said on the pub’s Facebook page: “The heater was not one supplied by the pub, but was brought into the premises without our knowledge.”
Ashleigh shared pictures of what she looks like today, eight months after the explosion.
Surprisingly, she has struggled to regain health and has even returned to the gym.
She told her story in a touching video on TikTok.