Alexa-Leigh Blakemore Wiki
Alexa-Leigh Blakemore Biography
Who is Alexa-Leigh Blakemore ?
The parents of a girl crushed by a falling fireplace while playing in her living room say they complained to the landlord about the danger, but nothing was done.
Six-year-old Alexa-Leigh Blakemore was rushed to hospital in Liverpool after sustaining serious head injuries from the September 10 accident.
The elementary school student was placed in an induced coma, from which she has now awakened, and she has been in intensive care ever since.
Alexa-Leigh, nicknamed ‘Lexi’ by her parents, suffered a bruise on her brain, lost hearing in one ear and is now blind in one eye.
Doctors cannot tell if she will walk again or the severity of her brain damage.
Her parents, Keiran Blakemore and Elle Williams, say they had complained to the landlord about the loose fireplace in her living room, but nothing was done.
The couple opened up about their anger and devastation in an interview with ITV News, saying that her daughter’s life has been “stolen.”
It comes as a report by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) reveals that substandard housing costs the NHS £ 1.4 billion a year.
Lexi’s father Keiran Blakemore speaking to ITV News Political Correspondent Daniel Hewitt.
Lexi’s mother Elle said: ‘It was horrible, that’s all I can say. It is heartbreaking.
‘I’m angry. I am angry and it hurts, now my daughter’s life has been stolen. She had a completely normal life and she will never be normal again. ”
Elle’s partner and Lexi’s father Keiran claim that he tripped and reached for the fireplace to regain his balance, causing her to lift off the wall.
He said: ‘It bothers me that I reported it in April.
“ The owner just didn’t do the job and now eight months later my daughter took it off and hurt herself to the point where she suffered brain damage and she will never be the same again. ”
Keiran continued: ‘She was a happy and normal girl, that she had followers on social networks, and now I will never see her dance again.’
Merseyside police said the accident is under investigation and no criminal charges have been filed.
Meanwhile, a BRE report shows that the NHS spends approximately £ 857 million on health problems caused by too cold homes.
Around £ 374 million is spent treating fall injuries caused by hazardous conditions, and approximately £ 38 million is contributed to residents suffering from the effects of humidity.
Referring to the report, Health Secretary Sajid Javid said: ‘We have a housing challenge in this country, it has been for many years, previously I was the housing secretary.
“We have implemented many ways to try to help with that housing challenge. In some parts of the country it is particularly serious, in London and Cornwall, for example.
And I think that the fact that we are investing a record amount in affordable housing, the changes that have been made to the planning system, the Help to Buy scheme, all of this is part of what can be done to help people. to have a house, whether they rent it or buy it.
Alexa-Leigh Blakemore Quick and Facts
- Alexa-Leigh Blakemore, six, rushed to hospital after accident on September 10
- The pupil suffered a bruise on the brain and has been in intensive care ever since
- Her parents say they had complained to their landlord about the loose fireplace
- It comes as report reveals substandard housing is costing the NHS £1.4bn a year